This post originally appeared on my other blog waterfall thoughts.
Ways you can participate
- Give someone you haven’t spoken to in a while a call / text. Sometimes people just need to know you’re there
- Ask someone how their day was. Something as simple as this could make such a huge difference to someone’s day.
- Perform a random act of kindness. Buy some chocolates to share with your friends / work colleagues, keep an eye out for ways you could lend a hand to the people around you
- Share mental health stories on your social media, just liking and sharing posts and videos on your facebook / twitter can spread the word, you might share the very thing someone needed to see
- If you suffer with a mental health issue, tell your truth. You never know who might be grateful to hear your words. (Websites like The Mighty allow you to become s contributor and share your stories with the community) Or start a blog, write a honest facebook post, or just text a trusted friend and tell them how you’re feeling. You never know who might have needed to hear what you have to say.
- Bookish Special! -Use today to talk about your favourite books that feature mental health issues! Recommendations, reviews, tweet share post!
What are you doing for Time To Talk day 2017?